We are delighted to announce that IICP will be exhibiting one again at Education Expo. The Institute offers a range of Bachelor Degree, Masters and Certificate courses for prospective students. If you are interested in pursuing a career in mental health, get your FREE ticket today and we’ll see you 7th September in the RDS’s Industrial Hall.
About Institute of Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy
Over the past 15 years, IICP have built up a reputation for delivering professional, high quality CPD courses. These courses concentrate on in-demand areas such as Counselling, Family Therapy, Integrated Supervision, Mindfulness, Anger Mangement and Supervision, Child & Adolescent Counselling & Psychotherapy amongst others. All their CPD courses are competitively priced and undergo regular quality checks to ensure the highest level of training is being provided. IICP offer a variety of IACP validated and QQI accredited courses ranging from Certificate level up to Masters Degree level.
Furthermore, IICP aim to contribute a community dimension to the development of mental health care and counselling. Notably, through the use of a practical, cutting-edge and integrative model, which formed the basis for this pioneering and innovative programme. They consider that training in counselling and psychotherapy is an inter-disciplinary endeavour. It’s a combination of art and science to include, amongst others, the disciplines of philosophy, psychology, sociology and anthropology.
The ethos of IICP reflects the Quality School Model of CT/RT/LM, which promotes the following goals:
- A warm, safe environment that is free from fear, criticism and coercion.
- Clear and direct communication that enhances relationships and fosters an environment conducive to learning.
- Clear goals and plans to maximise the training experience.
- A contract of learning that clarifies roles and responsibilities for learners and lecturers.
- Consistent feedback utilising self-evaluation, concurrent evaluation and co-verification.
- A need-satisfying environment where choice and personal responsibility will enrich creativity, attitudes and the development of competent and confident practitioners.
- A system for monitoring standards of good practice by promoting ethical awareness for both counsellors in training and lecturers.